[mythtv] Official Thread: Mythtv.org Redesign

Adam Findley adam at cs.byu.edu
Mon Apr 23 23:20:11 UTC 2007

Ghost Freeman wrote:
> Taking your advice from IRC last night, I made some changes to the
> leftnav graphics. Interested in your output

I really like the top and the bottom elements, though I think the font
in the bottom could be smaller for the copyrights.

I like the idea of your left nav, but I think that it could use some
adjustment.  I think the font could be a little bigger, and I also find
that the highlight is pretty difficult to see.  I think this might work
better: make them all one color (the color of the top portion of the
navbar), and seperate them out a little bit with about 1-2px space in
between each one.  Then on roll over, highlight them to the  color of
the top portion of the navbar.

Also I think that the news section seems like it's too busy with lots of
colors and boxes, and while it's quite functional, I'd think it'd look
better with a simpler design (also similar to archlinux.org).

I am just finishing finals here, and I'd love to help and submit some
ideas as well, but it'll be at least a week before I have any real time.

Keep up the good work.

Adam