[mythtv] Auto shutdown occurs while transcode/commflag job is in progress (bad idle detection)

Matt Doran matt.doran at papercut.biz
Sun Apr 22 12:53:14 UTC 2007

Chris Pinkham wrote:
> * On Mon Apr 16, 2007 at 09:57:02AM +1000, Matt Doran wrote:
>
>>>     * Make CheckShutdownServer() or whatever code actually gets executed
>>>       check for pending jobs in the JobQueue.
>>>
>> If I were to develop a patch for this, how does this sound:
>>
>>     * Add a new test to GetStatus() to check for pending jobs (if not in
>>       the job window, we treat it like no jobs are pending)
>>     * Return status "32" (currently not used) to indicate there are jobs
>>       pending.
>>

> Sounds OK to me, but I'm not the mythshutdown guy (I'm the JobQueue guy).
>
> If you make a patch, can you put the logic inside a new method inside the
> JobQueue class?
>
> I'm thinking something like this:
>
> 	static bool JobQueue::HasPendingJobs(bool checkWindow = true)
>
> If HasPendingJobs is static then you can just call it as
> "if (JobQueue::HasPendingJobs())" inside the status check code.
>
> If we call it as JobQueue::HasPendingJobs(false) then it can tell us if
> there are any pending jobs at all, whether we are inside the window or not.

Hi Chris,

I just started work on the patch (my first for mythtv).  Before I go too
far I just wanted to check if you approve of the first step.  The patch
is attached, and so far I've done the following:

    * Refactored the code that checks if we're in the job window into a
      new method - bool InJobRunWindow()
    * Use this in the job processing loop
    * This will also be used in the new HasPendingJobs() method.
    * Added shells of two new methods that I intend to call from
      mythshutdown.

Any feedback, comments appreciated.  If you think I'm on the right
track, I'll finish off the patch in the next few days.

Thanks,
Matt