[mythtv] Official Thread: Mythtv.org Redesign

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Mon Apr 16 22:00:10 UTC 2007

On Mon, Apr 16, 2007 at 05:39:21PM -0400, Ghost Freeman wrote:
>    I've also made a design mockup, basically its Chris's template with a
>    horizontal two-row navbar written in CSS2. It should load without any
>    problems in IE, Firefox, and Opera although there are some scaling issues
>    present I hope to stomp out soon. There's also a logo positioning issue with
>    IE5 I am working on.

"Ctrl-+".

:-)

Your navbar behaves nicely, but your site logo isn't vertically
centered, and your main body's *horizontal* centering breaks.

Remember, some of us a) have 1400x1050 laptops and b) are getting old.  :-)

When doing this sort of design, my two tests are 1) how does it handle
text re-size, especially on "buttons" and 2) how does it handle window
width changes.  I see from testing the latter that your main column
*isn't* supposed to be centered, it's float-right, but with a maximum
width.  That being the case, ignore my second comment, above.  :-)

Cheers,
-- jra