[mythtv] virtual tuner via BitTorrent plug-in

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 05:10:06 UTC 2007

On 4/16/07, Nigel Pearson <nigel at ind.tansu.com.au> wrote:

> What Johan is saying, is that apart from the guide data,
> the moment the backend records anything, that is also
> breaking copyright (of the broadcast programme).

[in Australia].

Of course VCRs and FoxTel's own iQ PVR also breach copyright in the same
way. There's never been any enforcement against users of any of those
devices (to my knowledge) and the devices themselves are legally sold
despite infringement being their principle purpose and use. MythTV certainly
isn't doing anything unusual in providing recording capabilities even if it
might be (strictly speaking) illegal to use those capabilities in Australia.
A download plugin would be going far beyond that though.

Steve