[mythtv] Mythtv.org and MythWeb Flash

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Wed Apr 11 17:14:34 UTC 2007

Chris Petersen <lists at forevermore.net> says:
> [Flash will be required t]o watch embedded video, yes.

I know I am eagerly awaiting this; I tried fiddling with MythStreamTV
months ago with little result.

> Just like Javascript will be required to interface with most of the
> cool features in the default page template set (the "lite" template
> set will work without javascript/flash).

[...]

> This is "extra" functionality, not core functionality.  I've always said
> that I will keep core functionality usable without any fancy browser
> additions, etc., and I stick to that.

And a hearty thanks for this commitment from this particular MythTV
user. Away from home, I access MythWeb with ELinks, a text-based
browser, running from within a GNU screen session. Although ELinks
allegedly has some rudimentary JavaScript support, it's been very,
very gratifying to be able to use 100% of MythWeb's functionality for
searches, scheduling recordings, deleting recordings, etc.,
etc. without needing to view graphical icons, even down to little
touches like the [ Update ] button that's only visible (or necessary)
when viewing the Upcoming Recordings page in a text
browser. Belated--but well-deserved--kudos, to the MythWeb developers
for adhering to standards!