[mythtv] Preserve global padding.

Martin Long mythtv at longhome.co.uk
Tue Apr 10 22:09:20 UTC 2007

Hi Bruce,

Nice work on the SchedOpenEnd stuff, by the way. I had no idea this had
been done.

I'm trying to work out the mechanism for retrying without preventing
back-to-back recordings when using the SchedOpenEnd option. I thought it
could be done int TryAnotherShowing, but this will only try again
'other' showings, because of the "if (q == p) continue;" statement -
hence it will not try the original on the first input, until it has
exhausted all other tuners and later showings.

Am I right, or am i missing something here?

It looks like the q == p condition could be removed, or the alternative
would be to try first in MoveHigherRecords, this time without the
SchedOpenEnd value passed to FindNextConflict.

Either way, it would probably still work better than my 2 pass
mechanism, and it would solve my tuner-priority issue.

I would also like to change the FindNextConflict to compare padded
schedules when openEnd is set, instead of just precluding back-to-back
recordings. This would allow the entire padding to be preserved, not
just part of it (as in some cases).

Regards

Martin