[mythtv] [OT] MePo at 100% CPU, OpenGL to blame: why?

Bill Cizek cizek at rcn.com
Mon Apr 2 16:53:07 UTC 2007

On Saturday 31 March 2007 21:56:23 Ronald Pijnacker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In thread http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/255230#255230
> someone mentioned that if OpenGL is not setup correctly, then some of
> the themes will run at 100% CPU. Could someone point me in the right
> direction as to what exactly is not correctly setup?

Some themes use an animation which causes 100% cpu usage.  MePo is one
of them.

To stop the animation, look in the file "themes/MePo-wide/base.xml" and
remove the line '<alphapulse min="0" max="255" change="1"/>'.  When I
did this the CPU usage dropped back to normal.

This thread has more info:

HTH,
Bill