[mythtv] MythMusic & Gallery patch

dave dave at atkinson.net.au
Sun Apr 1 23:16:48 UTC 2007

You can find the code under ticket #1796. It was rejected but I implemented
it over the weekend against 0.20a and it worked with only one minor change
(I had to modify the file extension filter to include uppercase file
extensions). My mythmusic also has changes for fixing the burning of MP3s
(some issues interfacing to cdrecord on 2.6 kernels) as well as an
implementation for burning audio CDs, so its probably easier to cut and
paste the original code than take what I have.

As for the implementation, I find having the slideshow option as part of
mythmusic makes the most sense for my household. Even my 7 year old daughter
knows how to drive it. We are far more likely to change the current playlist
(4 people, 4 different tastes) than the visual so the music is the main task
while displaying images is a secondary item. I'm not sure how it would go if
music was is the background .... although I haven't seen the suggested
implementation... It's a very nice feature having the family photos cycling
away while playing music.

On Sun, 1 Apr 2007 23:57:47 +0200 (CEST), Daniel Di Giacomo wrote