[mythtv] Fast Forward broken and shows not flagged

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Apr 1 17:27:53 UTC 2007

On 04/01/2007 09:36 AM, Poobah wrote:
> I figured mine out - it was the DST change.  My backend machine got
> patched (to make sure the shows recorded at the right time), but not the
> frontend.  I hadn't run a emerge world on it in some time, cause if it
> ain't broke, don't fix it ;-)

Or, if you don't know it's broken, don't fix it?  ;)

> The Gentoo instructions say to copy the timezone information file from
> /usr/share/zoneinfo to /etc/localtime.  It really should be a link...
> i.e. ln -s /usr/share/zoneinfo/America/Denver /etc/localtime.

Not any more (on any distro, really).  The appropriate way is to copy
the file.  This is even a Gentoo-specific thread explaining it:

How to update:

Why no symlink (and what to do to make sure it's handled for you next
time--after the DOE decides there was no energy benefit to the DST
switch and the politicians change it back or choose some other random
change ;):

Where he means "might not be."

So, the docs are actually right.  Your solution will work on some
systems, but is less "robust" and, therefore, not the preferred solution.