[mythtv] XvMC VLD Decoding stuttering problems on some videos

Patrick Ouellette pat at flying-gecko.net
Thu Sep 28 17:58:45 UTC 2006

On Thu, Sep 28, 2006 at 02:28:29PM +0200, Kristian Kalweit wrote:
> Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 14:28:29 +0200
> From: Kristian Kalweit <kalweit at exorpro.de>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv] XvMC VLD Decoding stuttering problems on some videos
> To: Development of mythtv <mythtv-dev at mythtv.org>
>
> Terry Barnaby schrieb:
> > 2. Sets the decoder thread's nice value to -10.
> >
> Can you post a patch for this one, please. Maybe I will get ride of my
> random prebuffering pauses with it applied.

Can you please post all the patches (separately would be nice, but we'll
take what we can get).  I have a severe stuttering problem with nVidia
XvMC at all resolutions, but can do 1080i with Bob de-int almost
flawlessly with the standard decoder.

Pat

Patrick Ouellette                 pat at flying-gecko.net
kb8pym at arrl.net                   Amateur Radio: KB8PYM
Living life to a Jimmy Buffett soundtrack
"Crank the amp to 11, this needs more cowbell - and a llama wouldn't hurt either"