[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r11310 - in trunk/mythtv by bjm

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Thu Sep 28 08:08:31 UTC 2006

    Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 17:26:58 -0700
    From: Robert Tsai <mythtv at tsaiberspace.net>

    On Wed, Sep 27, 2006 at 09:44:33PM +0000, mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org wrote:
    >       Author: bjm
    >         Date: 2006-09-27 21:44:33 +0000 (Wed, 27 Sep 2006)
    > New Revision: 11310
    >    Changeset: http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/11310
    >
    > Modified:
    >
    >    trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/programinfo.cpp
    >    trunk/mythtv/programs/mythfrontend/globalsettings.cpp
    >    trunk/mythtv/programs/mythfrontend/playbackbox.cpp
    >    trunk/mythtv/programs/mythfrontend/playbackbox.h

    I think I accomplish the same use case by configuring my recordings to
    be sorted by priority (in title-only mode). This makes it easier to
    navigate to the "important" stuff.

    When would the "Watch List" contents significantly diverge from
    recording priority and hold low-priority items?

For me, because I don't use recording priorities at all, and for the
case where I'm holding something for someone else to watch that might
be unrelated to its original priority even if I -was- using priorities,
and a zillion other use cases I could dream up.

I think having a "Watch List" is a great idea.

    > Log:
    >
    > Added a "Watch List" feature to the Watch Recordings page.  This
    > creates a list of the recordings that would be most useful to watch in
    > order to catch up on series and shows where I may have fallen behind.
    > Choosing to watch and delete things from the top of this list would
    > help me stay on top of things efficiently without having to examine
    > the full recording list to try to identify these and without
    > overlooking something.
    >
    > Settings options can be found on the 5th page of TV Settings->Playback.
    > There is some verbose info about the filtering and scoring when using
    > "mythfrontend -v file".
    >
    > This is turned on by default for now in order to encourage feedback.
    > However, it may default to off for release if it is believed to be
    > confusing to many users.

    --Rob