[mythtv] More scheduling scheduler

David Engel gigem at comcast.net
Wed Sep 27 18:12:05 UTC 2006

On Wed, Sep 27, 2006 at 02:28:44PM +1000, Max Barry wrote:
> Not a real problem, but I will mention that programs now display like
> "Single Record +0/+3 Will Record". That "+3" is new and cryptic (to me).

That's the recpriority2 value.  It doesn't get displayed unless it's
non-zero.

> The more programs you try to cram in, the less reliable softpad gets. At
> fairly low levels of complexity (e.g. 2 tuners and 3 programs), soft
> padding can be dropped when it doesn't need to be. See attachment
> softpadtest1.txt for a detailed example.

Change the push_front on retrylist to push_back.  That reverse
ordering possibly isn't needed any more.

> More seriously, I was able to get MythTV to conflict a program solely
> because of softpad--which should never happen. See softpadtest2.txt for
> details. This required me to schedule 5 programs on 2 channels with 2
> tuners, a situation of unusually high load, but it's not unthinkable,
> either.

I'm not terribly surprised.  The backtracking done in the scheduler is
very limited.  If soft padding nudges it down a different path, there
isn't always a way back.

David
--
David Engel