[mythtv] firewirechannel.cpp needs new FireWire headers?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Sep 18 15:17:03 UTC 2006

Jim Westfall <jwestfall at surrealistic.net> writes:

>> 	Does it require a newer kernel or libraw1394?
>> Could configure check for that?
>
> Its defined in libavc1394 version 0.5.3.  I will look at a configure check
> tonight.

Which is even newer than what FC5 has!  (FC5 has 0.5.1-2.2).
Granted, the upcoming FC6 appears to have 0.5.3 (although FC6t3 still
had 0.5.1).  Still.. could you consider making the code work with all
0.5.x versions of libavc1394?

> jim

-derek