[mythtv] MacOS X MMX yuv420_2vuy Patch

Todd Ignasiak ignasiak at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 18:14:55 UTC 2006

On 9/8/06, Nigel Pearson <nigel at ind.tansu.com.au> wrote:
> > I think I know what is happening.  My lack
> > of experience in MMX programming is showing.
>
>         Mine too :-)

> > The patch just adds a call to emms()
> > to the end of the MMX conversion routine.
> >
> > Let me know if it works.
>
>         It does. Thanks! Will commit soon.

The 0.20 final seems to be working very well for me.  I haven't used
it a lot yet, but thus far it's been stable and performance is
improved over previous versions.

I noticed two minor issues, can anyone else confirm them on their Mac?

1) When I turn off the vector acceleration option, I no longer get a
crash.  I now get a distorted picture, where the colors are primarily
purple and green, and the distorted image is tiled on the screen
several times.

2) AC3 to SPDIF passthrough results in messed up sound.   After
glancing through the code, I don't think SPDIF passthrough is in the
Mac mythtv code.  Has anyone else tried AC3 audio?