[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r11158 - in trunk/mythtv/contrib/master_iconmap by xris

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Sep 12 20:29:41 UTC 2006

On 09/12/06 01:37, mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org wrote:

>      Author: xris
>        Date: 2006-09-12 05:37:54 +0000 (Tue, 12 Sep 2006)
>New Revision: 11158
>   Changeset: http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/11158
>
>Added:
>
>   trunk/mythtv/contrib/master_iconmap/lyngsat/
>   trunk/mythtv/contrib/master_iconmap/lyngsat/README
>   trunk/mythtv/contrib/master_iconmap/lyngsat/lyngsat_stations.txt
>   trunk/mythtv/contrib/master_iconmap/lyngsat/spider_lyngsat.pl
>   trunk/mythtv/contrib/master_iconmap/master_iconmap.xml
>
>Modified:
>
>   trunk/mythtv/contrib/master_iconmap/
>   trunk/mythtv/contrib/master_iconmap/data/baseurl.txt
>   trunk/mythtv/contrib/master_iconmap/data/callsigntonetwork.txt
>   trunk/mythtv/contrib/master_iconmap/data/networktourl.txt
>
>Log:
>
>Add lyngsat spider program and the lyngsat channel list.  Remove master_iconmap.xml ignore and add the file, too.  Rework some of the lyngsat baseurl stubs so they're shorter

Perhaps we should add something to the README for the lyngsat spider
that suggests users use the included lyngsat_stations.txt and/or
master_iconmap.xml (if it will be updated every time either
lyngsat_stations.txt or data/* is updated) instead of re-creating
lyngstat_stations.txt themselves.  That might prevent people from
wasting a lot of lyngsat's bandwidth just to create an identical
lyngsat_stations.txt.  (I'm guessing the data on the site doesn't change
all that often and that few people will be affected by most changes.)

Oh, and BTW, having taken time to go through lyngsat's site manually to
get the info for the few stations in #2365, I seriously appreciate the
benefit of the spider.  So, /big/ thanks.  :)

Mike