[mythtv] uPnP support in 0.20

James Lee james_lee31 at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 11 22:09:51 UTC 2006

Hi there,

I've noticed that some form of uPnP support has gone in to Mythtv with 0.20.  I'm not clear from the release notes and looking through trac exactly what is possible with this so far, and what devices are supported at the moment.  There's three listed at the moment - does that just mean that others haven't been tested - would one expect other uPnP-compliant devices to "just work"?

I'm interested because I've got a Pinnacle Showcenter 200 lying around and was wondering whether I could use this as at least a basic frontend for mythtv - something to be able to play existing recordings/mythvideo files/music.  Is this doable currently?  If not, then is it something that would be reasonably straightforward to add (if so then I might be interested in helping out...).

Thanks for any replies, and keep up the good work,

James