[mythtv] livepriority for cardinput

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Sep 11 16:33:44 UTC 2006

On 09/11/06 06:51, Martin Long wrote:

>What I'd like to suggest, would be a method by which you can make the
>scheduler prefer to use tuners 3,2,1 instead of 1,2,3,

We don't want to do that as capture card 1 should be defined to be the
highest quality card, then catpure card 2, then...

> or alternatively,
>make likeTV default to tuner 3, then 2, then 1 (incase of multiple
>frontends).

As Stuart A. mentioned, that's the option (mythfrontend General
Settings, page "General (Basic)"):

Avoid conflicts between live TV and scheduled shows.
If enabled, live TV will choose a tuner card that is less likely to have
scheduled recordings rather than the best card available.

> It would be ideal for the scheduler and frontends to be using
>up the tuners in opposing directions.

Then check that option.

Mike