[mythtv] Frontend freeze during editing with 0.19-fixes and XvMC

OpenMedia Support support at openmedia.co.nz
Fri Sep 1 22:36:13 UTC 2006

Done a recent sync and build against 0.19-fixes which has sorted out all
of my other XvMC issues, but introduced this new one. Occasionally while
performing an edit of a previously recorded program the frontend will
become unresponsive, and I have to kill the process. Haven't been able
to reproduce it at this stage with XvMC turned off.

I did manage to produce an strace during the last freeze, but I couldn't
find the notes on the best way to perform a backtrace dump. The trace
was pretty damn close to that on ticket
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/213 which attributed a freeze to the
window manager.

Anyhow some technical details

A8N-VM CSM motherboard with Athlon 64 3000+ running Knoppmyth R5B7 in 32bit.
Integrated NVidia 6150 graphics running XvMC over composite to a PAL TV.
NVidia driver version  1.0-8762.
Recordings are either off DVB-T or IVTV as full resolution (720x576) PAL
MPEG2 files.
Window manager is the Knoppmyth default of fluxbox.

When the system froze there was no output in
/var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log or ~mythtv/.xsession-errors.

I'm trying to come up with a way to easily reproduce the issue. Once I
have that I'll open a ticket, but until then any ideas?

Steve

--
Technical Support - OpenMedia Limited
email   - support at openmedia.co.nz