[mythtv] OS X 10.3 and MythTV 0.20

Andrew Kimpton awk at awkward.org
Tue Oct 31 17:06:58 UTC 2006

Quoting Piers Kittel <mythtv at biased.org>:

> Andrew,
> Ah of course... :)
>
> Attached is the crash text from Console (hope that's what you were
> referring to.... :))

Thanks - I'll need to get home and then I can review this against the
source, so it'll be a while before I can give you any more clues or a
potential fix.

> A better description of how exactly it crashes:
>
> It starts up fine, shows the menu and all the correct theme/settings
> but after a second or two after showing the main menu, it shows the
> beach ball for a few seconds then shows the "The application
> mythfrontend has unexpectedly quit" message.  I'm never able to select
> or do anything.

Do you type or touch anything for it to crash ? Or will it crash just
'sitting' at the initial main menu screen ? The log indicates that
myth is attempting to process a keystroke - but that might just be a
startup condition.

Andrew 8-)