[mythtv] Where to report a bug (and fix) in mythreplex

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Oct 25 21:42:26 UTC 2006

On 10/25/06 11:07, John Winters wrote:

>Steven Adeff wrote:
>[snip]
>

>>>(In case anyone's interested the fix is in element.c.  The function
>>>find_audio_sync is passed a buffer which it assumes is 7 bytes long, but
>>>two points in the code were passing it buffers of 4 and 6 bytes,
>>>resulting in a stack corruption.  I'm amazed it's ever worked for anyone.)
>>>

>>http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Submitting_Bug_Fixes
>>

>Thank you.  I used the guidance there to check out the SVN version and
>that seems to have the fix already.  (Compared to 0.20, which doesn't.)
>
>Now I'll try to see whether the SVN version actually produces some audio
>output.  The 0.20 version produces nothing but silence.

Right.  This was fixed back in September (
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/2420 ) and the fix was merged to
0.20-fixes at the beginning of October.

BTW, you do /not/ want to use 0.20.  You should be using "stable"
0.20-fixes (from SVN as described at http://svn.mythtv.org).  It has /a
lot/ of fixes in it.

Mike