[mythtv] dual analogue/digital tuner support

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Wed Oct 25 15:03:03 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-10-25 at 13:58 +0100, Simon Kenyon wrote:
> ticket 1133 added support for analogue/digital tuners on the pcHDTV.
> is there any chance that this could be extended to the various other
> dual tuners?
> i've just bought a terratac hybrid xs usb stick, hence my question.
As long as it has DVB and V4L drivers and they can both be
loaded at the same time it should be pretty easy. All I need
is the DVB Frontend name, and the v4l name. You can get the
DVB string by configuring the card as a DVB card and providing
me with the "mythbackend -v record | grep frontned" log, if
you have more than one DVB card tell me which one it is.

For the V4L name I don't think there is any way for MythTV to
print it out, but you can get it by configuring the card as
an "Analog V4L capture card" and telling me what it says in
the "Probed info" section of the setup pane.

Then open a ticket with both those bits of info and assign it
to me, I'll write up a patch and attach it to that ticket for
you to test.

-- Daniel