[mythtv] OpenCable stream type & #2556

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Mon Oct 16 14:00:04 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-10-16 at 14:49 +0100, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 16, 2006 at 09:35:30AM -0400, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> >
> > > One way to handle #2556 might be to ignore alternative video
> > > streams once we have found a valid stream. Perhaps using
> > > the stream type as a preference.
> > I think we should only remap 0x80 to 0x02 if the sistandard is "atsc",
> > a longer term fix is to have the channel scanner set the sistandard
> > type to "opencable" for OpenCable transports and only do the remap
> > when the sistandard is "opencable". Hopefully transports won't mix
> > sistandards, if they do we will have to move this column from the
> > dtv_multiplex table to the channel table.
>
> I think we should implement this by setting the sistandard to
> opencable.

This is the better solution, just make sure you rename any existing
"atsc" sistandard transports to "opencable" iff any of the associated
channels have (atsc_minor_chan <= 0).

The ATSC scanner should use "atsc" if there is a VCT, "opencable"
if there is no VCT but a video stream has a stream id of 0x80 and
"mpeg" otherwise.

I'll be glad to test the patch for the "atsc" vs. "mpeg" check,
and funaho (see #2579) should be able to test the "opencable"
check.

FYI I will only have cable for another week or so, so I won't
be able to test the scanner for a while after that.

-- Daniel