[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r11519 - in trunk/mythtv by skamithi

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sat Oct 14 19:27:40 UTC 2006

* On Sat Oct 14, 2006 at 11:01:35AM -0400, Isaac Richards wrote:
> > I would suggest that something be done to change the key bound currently
> > to ESCAPE action to the new action which keeps the current behavior
> > identical.  I'd imagine leaving it alone will generate alot of questions.
>
> Should be flipped.  Escape should work as it did before, and a new keybinding
> added to exit without prompting.

I haven't updated to this version yet myself because I have a large unrelated
patch in my tree that I know will conflict a little, so this comment is based on
a couple comments yesterday on the -users list.

If the DELETE keybinding no longer pops up the delete prompt by default and
instead just deletes the recording, then that needs to be fixed as well.
I use the DELETE keybinding 95% of the time, with the other 5% being
ESCape with the prompt turned off.  If I want to keep a show, I use ESC,
if I want to delete after watching I hit DELETE.  The WAF will definitely
go down for lots of people the first time they hit DELETE by accident and
lose the latest showing of Desparate Housewives because it didn't ask them
if they were sure they wanted to delete.

If I'm assuming something that is wrong based on the -users comments, please
correct me. :)

--
Chris