[mythtv] Windows port

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 06:47:59 UTC 2006

> Hmm.  Can a 0.20 backend interoperate with a trunk frontend currently?  That
> gives me a bad feeling to depend on that.  I don't have a spare computer to
> run a trunk backend at the moment, and my wife won't be happy if I
> destabilize the existing backend.  Maybe the best course is to have both
> trunk and 0.20-fixes on my Windows machine, then make my changes against
> trunk to be sure they compile.  When I make a patch, I can apply it to my
> 0.20-fixes, and eventually do my testing with 0.20-fixes once everything's
> compiling and linking.  More work, but not a lot more.  Any better ideas?
>
> -Jerry

Not sure how you'd feel about a donation box, but I could at least
donate a simple bare bones setup for development, something like a
Celeron D, 512MB Ram, 250GB SATA HD on a mATX board.  Don't have any
cases or really any 'more' frilly systems to add, but maybe someone
else can throw a case and a tuner card in to call it good.

Another option you may want to try is running a chroot for a -dev
backend on your existing backend machine.  Then when you need to test
the features, flop over (reboot, or chroot into) and run the trunk
backend.  Would require a bit more maintenence than just running
0.20-fixes or just trunk, but would at least keep the stability on the
20-fixes backend.

-Chad

--
Prebuilt HDTV capable systems at reasonable prices:
http://www.pauselivetv.com