[mythtv] OSX 10.4.8 and Prebuffering Pauses?

Chris Harrison chrish at research.att.com
Wed Oct 4 17:52:24 UTC 2006

Just upgraded my Mac system to 10.4.8 (as well as various other updates
including quicktime).  Now when I play recorded media, I get NVP:
prebuffering pauses during playback.  CPU usage is low (480i ~11% CPU,
MacMini 1.83 Core2Duo).  Memory usage is quite high, but always has been
(~600mb).  I never had any playback problems before this last update.
I've tried restarting and tinkering myth settings.  No luck.  LiveTV
works fine.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?  Has anyone else upgraded to the
latest OSX and Quicktime versions?

Thanks,
Chris