[mythtv] Making Squished 4:3 -> 16:9 again for mytharchive DVDs?

Martin Møller martin at martinm-76.dk
Tue Oct 3 19:36:09 UTC 2006

The thing is:

I have recordings recorded at 720x576 that are 4:3 regular and others that are 720x576 but contain a squished image that I can *make* 16:9 on viewing via the 'W' key but to the best of my knowledge that video is flagged as 4:3 all through the various chains. Last I checked, mytharchive will usually look at the resolution for whether a recording is 4:3 or 16:9. If so, it will determine this to be 4:3 and people will be very tall and skinny. I was wondering if there was an override of some sort for cases like this. I'll look into making a test where I hardcode the aspect to 16:9 and see if it looks right after that.
This should at present only happen on 2 of the channels I watch, but will probably become more common over time.

I hope this is clearer to follow. I'll admit that it may not have come across properly the first time.

/Martin.