[mythtv] [11377] brakes a lot with DVB-T / MPEG2

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Tue Oct 3 17:54:54 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-10-03 at 20:34 +0300, Otto Kolsi wrote:
> I updated to HEAD from somewhere <11344 and suddenly lot of things are
> broken. Recordings are made (file is growing) but there is no video when
> watching, mythweb doesn't create thumbnails for the recordings, and also
> watching previously recorded programs is not working anymore. This is
> with DVB-T.
> 11376 okay
> 11377 broken, this introduces problems
> Right now I don't have any suitable logs, but I can later open a new
> ticket and attach logs. What log options should I use and from where
> should I get them (backend, frontend, recording, watching, ...)?

It would be the avcodec.h or the mpegaudiodec.c portion of the changeset
that broke things. First do a "make distclean", it is possible that the
avcodec.h change wasn't fully incorporated into your compile.

If that doesn't work, a "mythfrontend -v playback" log playing
back a broken file, with and without the changeset would
probably be the log I need. But also provide a
"mythbackend -vrecord,channel,siparser" log for that recording.
Maybe there is something funky about the A/V streams.

BTW I have no problem with ATSC streams, so the problem is not
universal. If some channels work for you and others don't the
difference between them might be important.

-- Daniel