[mythtv] Problem tuning to channel after 6pm with 0.20

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Mon Oct 2 09:32:38 UTC 2006

On Sun, Oct 01, 2006 at 06:13:07PM +0100, Simon Dyson wrote:
> Since upgrading to 0.20 I have been unable to watch or record Channel 4
> in the UK after 6pm GMT. All other channels on the same multiplex work
> fine. I've gone through all old recordings from this channel and
> discovered that all post 6pm Channel 4 recordings from sometime in mid
> May will not play through 0.20 even though they worked fine using 0.19.
> All recordings older than May work fine. I can only assume that channel
> 4 changed something in their broadcast that upsets the latest version of
> Myth. Does anyone have any idea what it might be or what I might be able
> to do to figure out what is causing it?

Okay this is really odd. I've checked my recordings and I have
numerous recordings made between 6pm and 6am from ch4, all of
which work fine.

There is nothing to my knowledge that Channel 4 have changed
in their broadcast paramaters. If there was you wouldn't be
able to receive it at *any* time, not just at a particular
time of day. So that leads me to believe it's something local
to your setup.

Do you have a Set Top Box to verify ch4 is received correctly
in your house at this time?

For those recordings you have that won't play could you get
a copy of the frontend output running with
--verbose channel,record,playback

Also, have you tried rescanning the channels? If not, take
a database backup and rescan your channels.

Stuart