[mythtv] How to receive a stream

Robert Johnston anaerin at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 07:34:02 UTC 2006

On 10/1/06, CURTIS <curtis at koalatelecom.com.au> wrote:
> Hello Dev guys & gals,
>
> Could you please advise if MythTV can actually receive a stream service as
> well as use capture cards.
>
> If not, is there anyone who would be willing to do some mods to make me a
> MythTV that will both stream TV and also show from the capture card.
> If so, what is your price in USD.

With the recent additions (Namely Freeboxrecorder and
CIRCNetworkRecorder), Myth *CAN* recieve some kinds of streams.

However, it's only in it's most basic form at the moment, with no GUI
(Have to hand-hack the DB, IIRC).

The best documentation for these "Recorders" is in trac at the moment
(And is mainly in the tickets and changesets relating to them).
--
Robert "Anaerin" Johnston