[mythtv] Bug: MythTV 0.20 DVB networkid 0 becomes NULL in database

Kenneth Falck kennu at iki.fi
Sat Nov 18 15:00:52 UTC 2006

Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
> What your provider fails to do is conform to the standard.
>
> A network ID of 0 is not correct and officially listed as "reserved"
>

> IIRC,
> Stuart
>
> ps. there is already an open ticket about this...

Thanks, you are right, although the DVB specifications don't actually
say that IRDs should stop functioning in case of reserved values being
used. In fact, most of the specs say that reserved values should just be
ignored. I guess you can interpret that in many ways, but IMO the most
robust interpretation is just to not make any assumptions of the ID if
it's from an unknown range, and simply use it as it is.

(The network I'm on has been using original_network_id 0 for some reason
for ~5 years but so far every DVB-C STB has managed to tune properly...)