[mythtv] Bug in nuvexport?

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Fri Nov 17 07:24:32 UTC 2006

Jon Larson wrote:
> Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I'm hoping that a
> real software dev can help me out with this:
>
> nuvexport to mp3 adds a space after any hyphen that appears in the
> output filename. Example:
> If I run nuvexport with --filename=xxx-yyy for the input; the output
> filename will be xxx- yyy.mp3
>
> Currently using revision 275 of nuvexport .
> mp3.pm was "--#Last Updated: 2004.09.27 (xris)"
>
> Let me know if there's some other information that I should provide.

It's a feature, not a bug.  Unfortunately, there's no way to detect a
dash hyphen that you intend as a hyphen, and a dash that nuvexport adds
for illegal filename characters, colons, etc.  Future versions based on
the mythtv perl bindings will hopefully have a better distinction for
such things.

-Chris