[mythtv] Recording multiple channels on a single DVB transport

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Mon Nov 13 18:10:06 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-11-13 at 12:41 -0500, Gnome42 wrote:
> On 12/20/05, Daniel Kristjansson <danielk at cuymedia.net> wrote:
> I have been thinking my way through your list of how recordings are
> done. I am stumped by how to handle this in the DeviceReadBuffer and
> was hoping for some pointers/direction.
Only the master recorder should have access to the DeviceReadBuffer.

> If there are multiple TVRec's (and each TVRec has a DVBRecorder and a
> DeviceReadBuffer) for a DVB card how do we _share_ the TS data being
> read from ../drv0 amongst the separate DeviceReadBuffers? Sharing the
> file descriptor for the device doesn't help us does it?

Instead of calling ProcessTSPacket() for only the current recorder, have
the master recorder call the child recorders' ProcessTSPacket() as well.
The master recorder must also adjust the PID filters based on it's own
StreamData and the StreamData for each of the child recorders. Each
recorder will filter for just the PID's it cares about based on it's
own StreamData instance.

-- daniel