[mythtv] Error from MythThemeMenuPrivate:No button for new plugin.xml

young boy y_111man at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 9 18:39:31 UTC 2006

Hi Everyone,

I am writing a new plugin and I am come across this error. I am not sure
what is it.. Is it my code.. or the syntax in the mainmenu.xml that
references to another xml.

Is there a DTD that expalin the meaning of the elemenst in the xml

So, for instance, in the mainmenu.xml..

<button>
<type>  </type>

Can this <type></type>  be defined as anything.. ??

If I specified in the mainmenu.xml,  <action> MENU SendMail.xml </action>

In the SendMail.xml, the <mythmenu name = "XXXX"> Is this value has to match
to any value that is defined in the mainmenu.xml. Are the values case
sentive..

And in the code, if I have three methods.. mythplugin_int(),
mythplugin_run() and myth_plugin_config()..If these methods have nothing in
the bodies (apart form return 0). Is that ok.

Thank you very much for helping me out.