[mythtv] A general question about which files are copied acrossfrom plugin directories

martin at longhome.co.uk martin at longhome.co.uk
Wed Nov 8 13:35:07 UTC 2006

I'm not quite sure what the question is, but I think you want to know what
to do with the .o files generated when you compile. These should be linked
to make a .so object, so for example libmythweather.so is the product of
many .o files linked along with some libraries etc. You do not copy the .o
files to anywhere, just the .so file that is produced. Have a look at the
Makefile in one of the directories to see the process. So, to test your
plugin, you need to compile the .cpp/.h files into .o files, link them to
create a .so file, and put this in the plugins directory in usr/local/share