[mythtv] MythArchive testing report
Robert S. Kerr
rskerr at dsbox.com
Tue May 30 20:32:01 UTC 2006
I've been playing with MythArchive and have found that it works great...
I'm using SVN from about 15 May. I'm not at home so I don't have the
There are three issues that I'm seeing.
1. Significant - The resulting DVD has av sync issues. I know that
MythTvBurn was using ProjectX near the end to clean up incoming mpegs on
- Are there any plans to bring ProjectX into MythArchive (at least
as an option anyway, I know that would introduce an undesireable java
- Or any way to clean up my mpegs before using MythArchive so I
don't get the av sync issues I'm seeing?
2. Minor - The resulting DVD menu is odd ... when selecting items in the
DVD menu. For the GANT choice anyway, when I play the DVD, selecting
items isn't obvious. It looks like there is a highlight, but it appears
to be getting covered up by the playing video in the menu. From a
recent check-in, it appears that this might have been fixed, but I
haven't updated yet.
3. Minor - I haven't been able to consistently specify the order in
which the items appear in the DVD menu. For example, if I archive to
episodes of a show, they seem like they always appear in reverse order
in the list (i.e. Choice 2 is the show that aired earlier, and Choice 1
is the show that aired later). For a disk that contains two episodes of
the same show, you end up watching Choice 2, then Choice 1.
More information about the mythtv-dev