[mythtv] diseqc

Yeasah Pell yeasah at schwide.com
Fri May 26 15:21:46 UTC 2006

Two other things I haven't yet implemented, but are worth thinking about:

1) My friend Steve suggested that it would be better if the backend knew
about the last position it set motors to in a persistent fashion, i.e.
stored in the db so that if you stop the backend or reboot the box or
whatever, it doesn't have to guess at the last motor azimuth. I'd still
have it send the probably-redundant move command anyway (since it could
have possibly been changed by another application or manually at the
motor itself), but it seems like a good enhancement. Basically it'd
amount to adding another field to the diseqctree class where the last
motor azimuth was stored, and it would be updated on every move command.

2) Since some diseqc motors go considerably faster at 18V, it would be
great if the thing could keep the LNB voltage at 18V artificially until
the completion of the move (50% chance it's the wrong LNB polarity, but
the dish isn't pointed correctly yet anyway so that shouldn't matter) --
this is easy but would depend on getting regular calls from some other
piece of code (the signal monitor I assume) at least until the reported
percent completed was at 100%, at which point it could switch the LNB
voltage back to what it ought to be as required.

I assume the signal monitor is going to want to be querying the
percentage complete anyway, but we would need to make sure that this is
something that would happen in all use cases. (The other alternative
would be to create a thread to manage the voltage, but I really don't
think that warrants its own thread.)