[mythtv] Problems with the new EIT code

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Thu May 25 13:08:14 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-05-25 at 12:15 +0300, Otto Kolsi wrote:
> After updating to the latest SVN, there seems to be some issues with the
> new EIT. It looks that for most of the channels EIT works fine but not
> for all. Recording and LiveTV are working fine.

> Should I try to clear and re-scan all the channels as
> the one log entry suggests?
Yes, but it will only address that type of entry. It looks like most of
the messages are for something else.

> Any other ideas how to produce useful logs or try to debug this one?
> 2006-05-25 04:03:07.597 Started PESPacket, but !payloadStart()
> 2006-05-25 04:03:07.599 Error: We started a PES packet, without a
> payloadStart!
Lots of these messages indicates some problem with the TS->PES
conversion. I assume most of these are on the channel without
working EIT?

Logs aren't going to help with this, a 30 second capture of the
raw TS stream from that channel, including the EIT tables, is
needed. Then a developer can step through the data manually to
see where things go wrong.

-- Daniel