[mythtv] writing patches that build on not yet committed patches.

Colin Guthrie mythtv at colin.guthr.ie
Tue May 23 00:39:52 UTC 2006

Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
> quilt.

Quilt sounds interesting. I'll have to check it out.

Personally I setup my own SVN with a trunk mirrored (manually) from the
main Myth trunk. I then branch that trunk to my own dev branch and work
on that.

When changes in myth come in, I check out the live revision that I last
synced to and issue an svn merge to the latest revision. I then do an
svn diff and put that in a file.

I then checkout my own trunk , patch it with the diff above and commit.

I can then merge my trunk to my branch and carry on.

It is a pain and it would be made so much easier if SVN supported
cross-repository merges, but this is obviously rather complex.

Col.