[mythtv] Picture adjustments on ATI hardware (color, brightness, contrast, hue)

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Mon May 22 20:55:24 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-05-22 at 16:24 -0400, Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Monday 22 May 2006 4:17 pm, mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org wrote:
> > This also gets rid of the "UseOutputPictureControls" option. I don't see
> > any reason why you would ever want to disable picture attributes if your
> > hardware supports it, and it does no harm to have them enabled if the
> > hardware does not support them.
>
> I believe we currently break (until manually readjusted, ate last) on ATI
> cards if that's enabled.

I found ticket #523 and sent an e-mail to the submitter for his "xvinfo"
output and asked him what he needs to adjust his picture attributes to
in order for the image to look good.

If anyone else is using an ATI card and can provide me with this info
I should be able to whip up a patch makes the defaults reasonable.

-- Daniel