[mythtv] MARK_COMM_START, MARK_COMM_END

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Sun May 21 16:51:16 UTC 2006

On 5/21/06, Robert Tsai <mythtv at tsaiberspace.net> wrote:
> I've implemented a new commercial flagger with a framework that should
> make it easier to do the planned multi-threading improvements, as well
> as to add more analysis algorithms with less boilerplate work
> unrelated to actual video analysis. The flagger itself is a new type
> returned by CommDetectorFactory::makeCommDetector, so it is safely
> well outside of the current ClassicCommDetector code.
>
> (This is independent and separable from Lucas' ClassicCommDetector
> reorganization.)
>
> I have a new logo-detector working, but I don't think I've got
> integration with the database completely correct. I know the detection
> itself is working based on my debugging output. However, the database
> integration is not quite correct (the "marks" QMap that is supposed to
> be returned by getCommercialBreakList). The symptoms are:
>
>         - In "Edit Recordings", the little hash marks are not
>           correctly aligned with the "red" bars denoting commercial
>           breaks. The red bars are correct; the hash marks are not
>           correct.

Are you sure this is directly related to your work? I remember for a
while back the tick marks were not correctly aligned.

>         - When playing back a recording that has been subjected to my
>           new commercial flagger, commercials are forcibly skipped
>           over (despite the Auto-Skip being set to "off" or "notify").
>           Even if I attempt to rewind, the player simply skips over
>           the marked breaks.

If you have a cut list loaded Myth will automatically skip over the
cut out sections. Make sure your not load the cutlist.

I know nothing of the rest of your email =(
--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!