[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r9915 - in trunk/mythtv by danielk

tj htpc at treblid.dyndns.org
Tue May 16 00:29:15 UTC 2006

_____

From: Tom Lichti [mailto:tom at redpepperracing.com]
To: Development of mythtv [mailto:mythtv-dev at mythtv.org]
Sent: Mon, 15 May 2006 22:01:23 +0800
Subject: Re: [mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r9915 - in trunk/mythtv by danielk

Tj NG wrote:
> mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org wrote:
>
>> The OSD fading (#1461) is fixed as far as I can tell. Tj NG is still reporting problems, but I can't reproduce his problem with the same setup so I'm closing the ticket.
>>

> I'm still seeing it... Not sure why, or how, but it must be my system I
> guess... Anybody other than me still seeing OSD not fade away cleanly?

I haven't experienced it since moving to the mythtv-vid branch, with
nVidia 8756, 6200GT card, and XvMC enabled, with the default Blue theme
and I think the Isthmus OSD.Hmm. is 6200GT a NV43 chip? What's the diff between 6600GT and 6200GT anyway?

Can you attach your xorg.conf file for me to have a look? I wanna see what is making me see watermarks. Must be something so simple (or hard) I couldn't figure it out.

It's definitely better than before, now I see only only edges and borders where previously there's text.

IIRC mythtv-vid has been merged back to trunk. You can check that out and see if your still having problems.

> Also, when I use XvMC decoding, I realised that sometimes the top 5-10%
> don't match the rest of the frame. Anybody seeing this as well?

Yes, actually, I do see this problem sometimes. I thought it was my
setup as I just added a Grandtec video convertor, but if someone else is
seeing that, maybe it's not the Grandtec...
I see it sometimes also, but not all the time.

I'm so tempted to turn overscan for my PC, it might just hide the watermarks and that top frame problem...

Regards,
Tj