[mythtv] New Method for Commercial Detection.

Lucas Meijer lucas at mach8.nl
Fri May 5 11:06:21 UTC 2006

Robert Dunn wrote:
> Thanks Lucas, that was exactly what I was looking for. Ive obtained a
> computer to use for this and a PVR-350 card will be on the way shortly,
> what I was wondering is its been a while since I did any development
> work on a linux platform. Which linux distro and  tools are you guys
> using for development, i'd like to stay as close to what you guys are
> using as possible. Ive got a lot of reading about mythTV before I can do
> any coding mind you =D

I don't think it really matters. I use gentoo, (mind you, I'm not a myth
developer, just a guy who
happened to submit a tiny bit of code ages ago, that happens to be very
related to what you're interested in).
I believe Isaac uses Ubuntu, but you should be cool with any linux
distro..   most myth developers prefer
working in simple text editors (vi, emacs, whatever)..   Coming from a
visual studio background, I like
KDevelop, as it happens to look like what I'm used to. It recognizes
myth as a c++ qt project, works its magic,
and compiles it out of the box. (for me at least).

Bye, Lucas