[mythtv] Any development on VPS (video programming system)

maestro maestro82 at gmail.com
Fri May 5 08:51:30 UTC 2006

Am Freitag, den 05.05.2006, 09:03 +0200 schrieb Martin:
> Dear developers,
>
> searching for a long time in the archives of myth-lists found some threads
> talking about the german (european) VPS ... timing of show for recording
> (late or at another time in same program) ... I saw some ideas ... but I
> think it is really hard to implement inside of mythtv.
>
> I got a new impact by an article (heise.de news ticker -
> http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/72564 ) about the release of another
> pvr project (now including VPS function)
>
> Now my question ... are there any ideas / requests on myth to implement VPS?
> Because I'm in trouble of missing some minutes of recorded shows ... because
> shows to early or late for some minutes ... on the other side only a few
> channels are sending VPS in germany (no commercial tv stations :-( I think!).
>
> My biggest problem is recording shows end of first is start of second
> recording ... so overlaping in program is not possible (only one capture card
> at the moment) ...
>
> Best regards
> Martin

hello martin,

i tried myself on the vps stuff and was able to implement something that
worked for 1 show only - after that something happened that just crashed
my backend. i droped the idea and just enlarged the pre-post-recording
intervals. (still missing some shows if they're preceeded by some
live-broadcast such as soccer)
that it is possible has been shown by the vdr folks (well but they also
have multiple dvb-recordings on single transponder which myth does not
have so far - although its a much talked about topic)

cheers
m.