[mythtv] More scheduling scheduler

David Engel gigem at comcast.net
Thu May 4 21:01:11 UTC 2006

On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 03:14:10AM +1000, Paul Andreassen wrote:
> It removes any softpadding and then adds the the new partial softpadding.
> Work fine here.  A bit convoluted because I wanted to add the two tests.

Ah, yes, I see it now.  One thing that is wrong is it can change the
end time of a program that is currently recording and doesn't inform
the recorder of the change.  That's not a case I want to deal with
right now, so please don't change the times for rsRecording programs.

> > No, leave it the way it is in the timedate area.
>
> Now I'm confused, will I just enlarge the "timedate" field in the themes and
> add the colour change if not full soft padding in effect?

Is the current timedate area not big enough?  If it isn't, then yes,
enlarge it.

> We could alway change MoveHigherRecords and TryAnotherShowing to allow soft
> dropping on higher priority shows.

That's a possibility.  It might not be too disruptive, but I'll have
to think about it some more.

On the other hand, even though SchedMoveHigher defaults to off,
everyone recommends turning it on and I don't know of anyone who
intentionally leaves it off.  Perhaps it's time to do away with that
setting.

David
--
David Engel