[mythtv] Backend troubles

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Thu May 4 02:09:20 UTC 2006

Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> Has anyone been noticing any problems with backend communications in
> recent SVN (9829?)  I seem to be having consistent trouble with:
>
> 1.  Backend stops logging
> 2.  Backend responds with bad proto version from mythfrontend and
> mythweb connections after a period of time
> 3.  Master backend dies (process gone) with nothing in the logs.  Slave
> continues to record.
>
> Just wondering if anyone else has seen any of these symptoms recently?
> I think the latter might have just been a segfault of some kind but that
> is surprising considering the lack of this type of problem with all my
> previous revisions since 0.19
>
> Kevin

I see number 2, probably 3 times in the last ten days. It seems to
happen when there are multiple recordings just starting, and a couple of
clients connecting (a frontend and mythweb). I haven't noticed 1, and I
definitely have not seen 3. I'm waiting for it to happen again so I can
try and debug it. I am running 9850, which I compiled yesterday, I
forget what I was running previous to that. Hasn't happened since I
compiled 9850 though...fingers crossed....

Tom