[mythtv] Internal DVD Player multichannel support

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue May 2 12:46:35 UTC 2006

On 5/2/06, matt mead <m-mythtv at goof.com> wrote:
> Mark Spieth wrote:
> > I havent heard of DPL/DPLII. I dont think there is a decoder in lavc. could
> > be wrong of course.
> > AFAIK the only multichannel decoders present are AC3 and DTS.
> Dolby Pro-Logic (matrix surround encoded into stereo audio) and Dolby Pro-Logic
> II (a similar concept, though I'm not as familiar with it).

I was not able to find any GPL'd code for this in my quick google
search. I do know that its some basic math and there are a few
documents on the web that discuss the math. I don't know whether thats
enough for someone to throw a DPL/DPLII decoder library together or
not though. I'll keep digging further to see if I can find any DPL
code thats OSS and collect what documents I find on the matrix math.

Before you ask, read the FAQ!
then search the Wiki, and this list,
Mailinglist etiquette -