[mythtv] DVB EIT in mythtv-eit

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Mon May 1 21:09:54 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-05-01 at 22:43 +0200, Janne Grunau wrote:
> I think it's a problem how we handle partial packets. It is not limited
> to EIT since I also see failed CRC checks.

Hmm, I have to admit that I rarely see partial packets so this code
isn't well tested by me, but there are a few users out there that
have been using this for a while because of large PMT's...

> No, only NetworkID and TSID together have to be unique. It would be
> sensible if the TSID in PAT and SDT match. I haven't checked since the
> SDT monitoring does not to slow down the tuning much.
Ok, if it is fast enough we'll just use the SDT for now. It should be
much more dependable than using just the MPEG program number as we do
in svn-head.

> I fear I'm the only person who tried it. I'll try to convince some guys
> in IRC to test the branch. But we should solve the issues with the
> PESPackets for the SI tables first.
I just replied to Mark about the CRC failures he was seeing. They were
on the stuffing table, some of which were too short to have a CRC, I
included a quick fix for that problem in the post.

BTW the "HasCRC()" flag in the PES packet is invalid for any PSIP table
that uses the table_id_extension field, i.e. it is not valid for the
NIT, SDT or DVB EIT tables. So if there is no CRC on these tables they
may still get their CRC checked, depending on what is stored in the
table_id_extension. This could be killing these tables post assembly...

-- Daniel