[mythtv] HDTV failing to record shows

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 05:12:59 UTC 2006

On 3/29/06, Daniel Kristjansson <danielk at cuymedia.net> wrote:

> The "delay" setting shouldn't be needed for any card when tuning
> OTA ATSC stations. We check for the VCT table for these channels,
> so if you are on the wrong frequency you won't get a match. It
> is only with certain DVB drivers + PAT/PMT tuning that the "delay"
> setting should have any effect other than slowing down tuning.
>
> John, can you open a ticket with the '-v record,siparser,channel' log?
>
> Also, can I safely assume that you haven't changed the driver since
> shortly before this started happening and you have tried rescanning
> this channel?
>
> -- Daniel

Running the same kernel/driver that I have been for a month.

I have not tried re-scanning either channel which has exhibited this problem.

I restarted mythtbackend with "-v record,siparser,channel", and
started a record from my FOX and UPN channels to create a log.
Unfortunately, this time both recorded just fine.

I will leave my backend running with "-v record,siparser,channel"
until it happens again.  Sure generates a lot of:

2006-03-29 22:11:23.043 SIParser:     SystemTimeTable
GPSTime(03/30/2006 03:11:46 AM) GPS2UTC_Offset(13) DS(0) Day(2)
Hour(2)

messages.  Is that line of information helpful?  If not, I may go
comment it out to keep the log file from bloating.

Thanks,

John