[mythtv] bad transcode on occasional recordings (1 in 30)

Frank Dolba fdolba at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 29 21:07:41 UTC 2006

Every so often (perhaps 1 in 30 recordings) I have a bad transcode.  The
result of the file is unwatchable, but the audio is fine.

1) the video resemles when the horizontal hold is gone on an old TV
2) new file is bigger than the original mpeg2 file

I'm using an up to date 0.19-fixes branch and I have had this problem for at
least 3-4 months now.  I have enabled the save original transcoded file
option so I can revert back to the known good file and delete the bad mpeg4
file.

I have samples of bad recordings (with both the bad file and original file).
  Can I upload the files for someone to look at?

..Frank..

Scan and help eliminate destructive viruses from your inbound and outbound
e-mail and attachments.
  Start enjoying all the benefits of MSNŽ Premium right now and get the
first two months FREE*.