[mythtv] Changes needed for Compilation on Cygwin

Robin Neatherway robthebob at gmail.com
Sat Mar 25 03:02:24 UTC 2006

Ok, I've moved my work over to the trunk.

My current problem is to do with the linking of libmyth, which fails
with the following linker errors:

mythcontext.o:mythcontext.cpp:(.text+0x4a166): undefined reference to
`GetMythMainWindow()'
mythcontext.o:mythcontext.cpp:(.text+0x4a23e): undefined reference to
`DestroyMythMainWindow()'
mythwidgets.o:mythwidgets.cpp:(.text+0x95a8): undefined reference to
`MythMainWindow::TranslateKeyPress(QString const&, QKeyEvent*,
QStringList&, bool)'
mythdialogs.o:mythdialogs.cpp:(.text+0x2d5): undefined reference to
`MythMainWindow::attach(QWidget*)'

These symbols should presumably be found/resolved in
mythmainwindow.cpp, but I'm not quite sure how this can happen given
that is part of libmythui. libmythui also depends on libmyth so that
would be a cyclic dependency - I'm sure that can't be the case. I
don't run into this problem on linux, so I've been trying to track
down the differences, but the linker commands are almost identical.
The only file differences are as follows:

Cygwin: audiooutputdx.o

Linux: mythcdrom-linux.o
          screensaver-x11.o
          DisplayResX.o

And the linker command has a few more libs in linux:
 -lfreetype -lmp3lame -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lXinerama -lXv -lXxf86vm
-lXrandr -lqt-mt -lXext -lX11 -lm -lpthread

However none that should impact these references IMHO.

I am also slightly unclear on the what role Cygwin is playing in this
whole process. Is it actually necessary, given QT is native under
Windows, and should X be playing any part at all in the compilation
process?

Cheers,
Robin